Here is what you do before your spray tan:
Preparing your skin for your sunless session is KEY! The better you prepare your skin, the better your results will be!
- If you have dry skin, start a week or more prior to your session by exfoliating and moisturizing your skin with quality skin care products such as our Infinity Sun Exfoliating Masque and Moisturizing Body Wash.
- If you are tanning for an event, or especially your wedding or prom, it is imperative that you ALWAYS be aware of your sun exposure and what you are wearing. DON'T get caught unexpectedly without your sunscreen. Tan lines take a long time to fade. They can be minimized by your spray tan. Here are some SPF options. I will not spray over a sunburn.
Review all preparation and maintenance instructions; text/email if you have additional questions or concerns that I can answer for you
Here is what you do on the day of your spray tan session:
- Make sure to shower AT LEAST 3 hours prior to your session using phydraluxe.
- Shave, use a non-oil exfoliant, and use a water-based moisturizer preferably the evening before your tan
- After conditioning your hair, make sure to use your hands to remove the leftover conditioner on your body.
- Don't work out immediately prior to your session, plan to complete your workout prior to your last shower. Sweat and spray tans are No Bueno.
- Come to the studio with clean skin (no makeup, deodorant, perfume, or lotion)
- Wear or bring loose clothing and shoes for wearing home.
- Have your hair pulled off your face and neck
Wait at least 8-12 hours before getting wet (this includes showering, sweating, washing dishes, watering the lawn, crying, makeup and moisturizers). If it's wet, stay away from it!
Cover Shoot - 8 hrs = lightest tan; 10 hrs = medium tan; 12+ hrs = darkest tan.
For rapid tan, wait 2-6 hours or as directed by your spray tan specialist. For ultra dark, wait 6-12 hours.
Keep your hands out of water for as long as possible today. Try using hand sanitizer just on the palms of your hands. As soon as you put your hands in water the color will stop developing.
(Preparing for your next tan) When needed, use the X-Tan Remover to help fade unwanted color. Soak in a hot bath with 1/2 c baking soda and juice of a lemon for 20 minutes (add a couple of drops of lavender essential oil for relaxation) and use the exfoliating mitt to remove your old tan.
Don’t rub your face or skin with your hands today, the color will stain your hands until you have taken your first shower.
No bad vibes! Developing spray tans + tears = streaked cheeks!
No soap or body wash in your first rinse post-tan (warm water rinse ONLY using your hands to gently remove the cosmetic color until the water runs clear).
When showering, while you have your tan, use only your hands while washing and soap only “the essentials”. Take a warm to cool shower for the life of your tan. Hot water is dehydrating your skin and fades your tan quicker. AVOID Bath & Body Works, Victoria’s Secret, Caress Shower Gels, or Lotions. Anything with a lot of perfume has a lot of alcohol and that is striping of the color. Also, avoid Dove body wash, it will change the color of your tan, it leaves a film on your skin, and will strip your color faster. After your initial first shower, Phydra-Luxe Optimizing Wash is a great body wash designed to make tans last. After conditioning your hair, make sure to use your hands to remove the leftover conditioner on your body.
No loofahs, washcloths, or body scrubs for the life of the tan. Pat yourself dry with a towel after your shower. Do not rub.
Anything that exfoliates your skin will exfoliate and fade your tan!
Dry skin leads to a patchy fade. Moisturize often (at least 2 times per day) with a water-based(mineral-oil free) moisturizer to ensure even fading and longer wear of the tan.
Our post-tan care product line, Infinity Sun Extend Lotion, can lengthen the life of your tan dramatically…anywhere from 3-7 days. Our Tan Me BB can extend your tan for up to 3 weeks and is also a gradual tanner, color corrector, and skin-plumping BB cream. Also, our SPF is specially designed to protect your tan while enjoying the outdoors.
Use Phydraluxe and a good razor to shave your legs. Shaving will inevitably fade your color, so the use of a tan-extending moisturizer is highly recommended. Don’t rush!
Should anything go awry during development…call me!
The most common questions we get from our GUESTS
No, absolutely not! Our solution is made of the highest quality, natural ingredients. All of our technicians have also been trained and certified!
Please see instructions at the top of the FAQ page here under "Tan Care." Here, we outline what you should do pre-tan, the day of your session, and post-tan.
Please view the post tan care page for instructions. You will also be provided with printed take-home instructions.
We recommend waiting the recommended 2-6 or 8-12 hours for your specific tan before your initial shower. Provided by your sunless specialists.
The entire process takes about 10-15 minutes, from start to finish. Add-ons will require additional time. Contour tans add an additional 15-30 minutes.
Please allow 20-30 minutes for your In Studio Session and 30-40 minutes for your Mobile Session.
My spray tans last 7-14 days with an average of 10 days with proper preparation and aftercare. It is important to follow the steps listed on our Tan Care page to get the best quality tan possible.
Using our Infinity Sun at-home care products will make your tan last even longer: Infinity Sun Extend Lotion, Tan Me BB, Phydra-Luxe Optimizing Wash, and for Pre-Tan care, Infinity Sun Exfoliating Body Masque and Exfoliating Mitt.
My hours are by reservation only, the studio is not staffed at all times.
- Regular Hours
- Wednesday 2:00 pm-6:00 pm
- Thursday 11:00 am-6:00 pm
- Friday 11:00 am-6:00 pm
- After Hours*
- Wednesday - Friday 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am-6:00 pm
- Sunday 2:00 pm-6:00 pm
*Additional charge is incurred, see pricing menu.
Your tan depends on your skin tone. Everyone's skin is different and therefore will appear lighter or darker. We will make a custom blend to get you as dark as possible!
If my schedule allows, I can take same-day reservations. Unfortunately, I do not take walk-ins.
You can wear as little or as much as makes you comfortable. Some guests go topless or wear bra/panties or swimwear. Whatever you wear will leave tan lines. If you are tanning for an event, make sure that your tan lines won't interfere with your attire. Men must be covered (shorts, swim trunks, etc.)
After your session: wear dark, loose fitting clothing (tank top, jogging pants/shorts)
There isn't a minimum age requirement, but please discuss with your Sunless Specialist if you are inquiring about a session for a minor.
Parents can be present if they wish and may be required to be present for a very young child.
• Avoid showering, rain, sweating, and exposure to water for 8-12 hours.
• Do not wear white clothing for at least 24 hours.
• Do not wear super tight clothing.
• Moisturize the entire body twice daily for the duration of your custom spray tan.
• Use Infinity Sun products to increase the duration of your custom spray tan.
• Avoid Jacuzzis, hot tubs, chlorine, and very long hot showers.
• Tanning beds and sunbathing are o.k. after the initial shower, but apply sunscreen outdoors.
• Do not use lotions that have alpha hydroxyl on the bottle as it will exfoliate your skin faster. Use Infinity Sun Extend Lotion to extend the life of your tan.
Yes, If you choose an in-studio, I have a private room in my studio.
If you choose a mobile session you will be in the comfort of your home or the location of your choice.
I need access to an electrical outlet and a well-lit area large enough to spray (approximately 7'x7'). The shower is a potential location and is easy clean up.
Candice, the owner, is a Certified Sunless Specialist and has been spray tanning guests since 2002. In fact, she was the first in Burleson and Johnson County to offer sunless services.
We require that you discuss your plans with your doctor and receive their approval prior to making your reservation.
Your doctor's approval can be faxed to 817-426-4786 or emailed to email@example.com.
Approval must be received 2 days prior to the reservation.
We request that you do not bring your children to your session.
In the rare event that you mess up your tan, my Touch-Up Policy is in studio only, and the cost is half-price. Contact me immediately for instructions of how to proceed.
No, the product doesn't have an SPF in the ingredients. If you will be out in the sun you will need to wear sun protection and re-apply often.
We offer an SPF that is made for protecting your skin and your sunless tan. Shop here.